Monday, April 19, 2010

Weekend Recap and $15 Faves

This past weekend was a hard one for my bf. We went hiking on Friday afternoon and had a pretty good time. I hike this mountain by my house at least a few times a week, but usually Dave isn't able to go with me. There were some SCARY giant orange and black bugs flying around and we saw a HUGE swarm of bees fly by us! I guess that is the price you pay for all the beautiful desert flowers.
Shortly after we were done hiking Dave got some devastating news. His grandma, Jackie, took a turn for the worse and then passed away. Dave has always been extremely close to his grandparents and the fact that he was so far away made it especially difficult. Luckily he was able to book a ticket and fly back to be with his family. I am glad he was able to go, but I am missing him like crazy! I hate being away from him, especially when I know he is hurting. I was lucky enough to meet his grandma and she is really an amazing woman and it is clear how much she loved Dave. In a situation like this it is sometimes difficult to find the right words so I will just post a few quotes that I love:
"Earth has no sorrow that Heaven cannot heal"
“I believe that imagination is stronger than knowledge - myth is more potent than history - dreams are more powerful than facts - hope always triumphs over experience - laughter is the cure for grief - love is stronger than death"~Robert Fulghum

There was also a really happy event that took place today! As I wrote before{All Dogs Go To Heaven}, my BFF lost her dog, Fancy, to a dog attack several weeks ago. It was a traumatic event and she has been looking a dogs for a while, but never found anything. I went with her today after work to look at some pups and she got one! I would like to think I am her good luck charm, lol. She hasn't picked a name yet, but the lil thing is SO CUTE! (Any name suggestions out there?)




I am also playing along with Top 2 Tuesday again this week. She wants to know what our top 2 favorite things are that are under $15. I could answer this in a million different ways, but I will stick with the things that always seem to brighten my mood for longer than the 30 min it takes me to drink my favorite smoothie or eat at my favorite place, haha.

1. New Makeup: I love anything Bare Escentuals, but my two favorites that are under the $15 mark are their lip gloss (mine is in Wild Honey) and their eye shadows (I love Vanilla Sugar and Citrus Twist.)2. Tank tops & Flip-Flops: I know this is a little broad, but seriously a new shirt or cute sandals are always a great way to spend 15 bucks! My favorite places to find cute cheap things are Forever 21, Charlotte Rouse, Target, but I think you can find great deals in a ton of places!

8 comments:

  1. I'm sorry to hear taht About his grandmother. =(

    I love Bare Minerals too, although I havent tried the lip gloss

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry to hear about his grandmother... Love the picks for top 2 though

    ReplyDelete
  3. i am so sorry about your bf's grandmother. losing grandparents is hard.

    and your poor friend, a DOG ATTACK!?!? how horrific!!! the poor thing!!! but that new little one is PRECIOUS!!! is it a girl or a boy? that will help with my name suggestions :)

    and i love your top two, lip gloss and flip flops are a MUST!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The Bare Escentuals is a great pick! I haven't tried their eyeshadows yet. Maybe I'll have to get a couple!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sorry about Daves grandma! Oh I just stocked up on some tanks at forever 21 yesterday! love them! btw yall look so cute in that pic!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. so sorry to hear about his grandmother :(

    so when was the last time i stopped by your blog?! did you get a new header or something because it all looks too cute! oh and love your top 2 picks, tanks and sandals are the best buys haha!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Target is the best!

    I'm sorry about your boyfriend's grandmother. I said a quick prayer!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your poor friend losing her dog, now that is awful!

    ReplyDelete