Monday, March 22, 2010

Walking On The Wild Side

I'm playing along again with Taylor's Top 2 Tuesday, which is always fun! Since the topic this week is two things you can't live without I am not including my favorite people (fam, friends, Dave) and going with some of my day to day faves...CANDY and my CAMERA! I love all kinds of candy! I have a serious sweet tooth and can't go too long without some kind of sweet treat! I love taking pictures, and I try to remember my camera on all the fun outings with family and friends. People sometimes tease me about being a shutterbug and Dave sometimes gets "impatient" when I take a ton, but everyone always loves seeing them! Pictures are a great way to share your life with the people you love that live far away, which is increasingly an issue for me as so many of my friends move across the country!

Speaking of pictures... you may have noticed my zoo pictures up top! This will be the last weekend that my boyfriend will be free for a while as he is starting some classes towards his master's degree, so he wanted to have an awesome weekend and we really did! We went out to dinner with my family for my grandma's 87th birthday! She is so amazing and such an inspiration! We went out with some friends to Toby Keith's I Love This Bar and did a little dancing. We also went swimming and saw Shutter Island. My favorite part though was going to the zoo! It was a gorgeous day, all the animals were out and we even had a tasty lunch at a nice restaurant! I do have a small confession to make... I love all the petting zoo/feeding experiences as much as most five year olds! This time I got to touch/feed the sting rays, tortoises, deer, goats, lorakeets, and best of all the giraffes! It really was a great day! I rounded out my awesome weekend with a night of making dinner with my BFF, drinking wine and watching Dancing With The Stars tonight! I guess it can all be summed up on one post-it note...

6 comments:

  1. Love your picks! Seriously I keep 1 camera in my diaper bag and 1 in my handbag! Love my camera too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i almost stop reading at the petting zoo part - but i'm glad i kept reading - you petting zoo is MUCH different from ours- we have goats, horses and llamas - the marine life petting zoo is much more fascinating!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. lovely pictures! and you have the most amazing smile! :)

    don't need to ask how your weekend went. it looked like you had a blast!

    followed you :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE your blog! I am now a "follower" 

    I own a blog/design/scrapbooking/photography/WAHM forum I'd love you to join called My Great Retreat (link is below). Can't wait to keep in touch!

    Meghan
    http://tuckerstaketennessee.blogspot.com
    www.mygreatretreat.com
    http://mygreatretreat.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh yea....I def. couldn't live without my camera!! I'm wishing for a SLR!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wine, trashy TV and BFFs...nothing better!

    Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete