It is always such an awesome surprise to find out that I have been given a blogger award! This award is courtesy of the lovely Ro Magnolia over at Soft Wind and Roses
This award comes with the following rules:
1. Thank the person who gave you the award.
2. Share ten things about yourself
3. Pass the award along to 10 bloggers who you have recently discovered and who you think are fantastic!
4. Contact the bloggers and let them know you've picked them for the award.
I would definitely like to say a big thank you to Ro Magnolia! It is so sweet of her to pick me and it is so nice to know that people really read my blog! If you have not checked out her blog please do so! She always posts the most gorgeous pictures of the flora and fauna in her neck of the woods and she has the cutest four legged friends! She is also a great writer and a great blog to read so stop by and say hi!
I have shared so much in my short time blogging so it is hard to come up with ten new things about myself, but here goes:
1. I am a third generation Arizona native. My grandma, my dad, and I were all born and raised in AZ and I have never lived anywhere else. Maybe in the future I will move somewhere new, but AZ will always be in my heart!
2. I used to love gymnastics and was actually pretty good at the uneven bars. I can still do the splits and round offs and handstands.
3. I love flowers. My favorites are roses, orchids and peonies, but I pretty much love all kinds of flowers. I prefer potted plants as opposed to cut flowers.
4. I have a BLACK thumb! I literally kill every plant I have ever had! Even the easy ones! I can usually keep the lucky bamboo alive for a while, but eventually even those die on me.
5. I hate to have my toenails bare. I prefer to have my nails natural, but I love having polish on my toes. Every once in a while I give my toes a break, but I can't stand to look at them and wear close-toed shoes!
6. I have never traveled outside of North America. I have visited many places in the United States, Canada, and Mexico, but I have never been outside of this continent. I am hoping to change that someday!
7. I am afraid to fly and my boyfriend has his private pilot's license. This makes him sad because he likes to fly "just for the fun of it," while I see it as a necessary evil to get to where I want to go.
8. I love the library. I love to go there to study, to check out books/DVDs/CDs, and to take advantage of the free events at the library. Dave and I took free ballroom dancing lessons there!
9. I have a dream that I will get to see all of the National Parks in the United States. I think there is nothing more awe-inspiring than God's natural wonders.
10. I love to collect quotes. I have been writing down my favorite quotes since I was young and still copy and paste my favorites into a word document. Maybe I should start a page for them?
It is also very hard for me to narrow down my selection of my favorite newly discovered bloggers to just ten choices! There are so many wonderful writers out there and I love reading so many blogs! Some of my favorites include:
1. Sink or Swim
2. Bits & Pieces
3. Wandering Thoughts of a Scientific Housewife
4. Life & Times of Alison & Justin
5. Katie's Journey
6. The Road Less Traveled
7. Kendra Diaries
8. Chronicles of Neely
9. Life In A Small Town