Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Happy and Healthy on this Wishful Wednesday

First and foremost I would like to say my surgery went really well and I am so thankful for all the sweet comments yesterday! I am a big believer in the power of prayer and I really felt all your kind wishes with me today! I cried like a big baby during some of the pre-op stuff and my surgical nurse was so sweet to me and really helped me relax. I spent most of the day sleeping and watching movies, but that is to be expected I guess. I had my mom and boyfriend with me all day and I honestly don't know what I would do without them! I also watched the Lakers/Celtics game tonight with my mom and dad and it was a great game! It would be better if the Suns were in it instead of the Lakers though (and we came so close!) Who are you all rooting for?

This week over at the Seattle Smith's, Kelsey has a fun topic for Wishful Wednesday...


I wish' .... I had the opportunity to change careers
and it would be __________!

This is a hard one for me! I think I am pretty lucky to have the career that I do. I have always been interested in science and especially biology and medical topics. I love pharmacy because I am in the health care field but I don't have any "hands-on" duties (I don't have the stomach for some of that stuff! I almost fainted in the Cadaver lab at school!) I do love working with patients and being able to answer their questions and ease their fears in the times when they are sick and scared. So... I really love being a pharmacist and can't picture myself doing anything else!

If I HAD to choose something different I think it would be something with animals. I would love to be a zoologist and get to work with some of the lovely exotics at the zoo! I would still have my scientific side satisfied while getting to work with animals. To play along, head on over and link up!

5 comments:

  1. YAY! I love new followers! and you're number 100...fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Zoologist is one of my "alternate" dream jobs too. :-)

    It's so cool that you actually love your job. Not many people get to experience that!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad to hear your surgery went well! :)

    And I think working with animals would be such a fun job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. glad everything went well! hopefully, you'll have a speedy recovery!

    ps. CELTICS all the way!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I would assume working it the pharmacy would be very rewarding. I too wanted to be in the medical industry, but I couldn't pull myself to do the tough stuff, so I will just sell the meds -- hah!!

    ReplyDelete