Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Happy Cinco De Mayo!


'I wish' .... I was fluent in another language in addition to English, and it would be ________!
SPANISH! As a southwestern girl, I think this would be the most useful language for me. I live about six hours away from the Mexican beaches of Rocky Point and vacationed there for many years with my family and friends. [Unfortunately it has become much more dangerous in the past few years and we have decided not to travel there until things get better.] I have taken Spanish throughout highschool and I loved it. Two semesters of foriegn language were required in college, but I tested into advanced Spanish and didn't have to take any foreign language classes in undergrad. In pharmacy school I took "Spanish For Pharmacists" and I loved it! It's really nice to be able to communicate with my patients! I can communicate in very basic language but it has always been my dream to be truly bilingual and fluent in Spanish! (It is one of the things on my 30 before 30 list!)
To play along with Wishful Wednesdays head on over to the Seattle Smith's and link up!

7 comments:

  1. I too wish I could speak it fluently it would really come in quite useful. Spanish for Pharmicists sounds really interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's pretty cool that you know enough to communicate with patients, I'm sure it comes in handy. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. My "wish" is on my 30 before 30 list too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for stopping by and Happy Cinco de Mayo!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi katie, thanks for stopping by! OMG, you look just like my friend Nattie. You two could pass for sister!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you! Your blog is so cute too! I love your little Yorkie, what's his/her name?
    We have a Yorkie-Poo and I love her on an unhealthy level.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ohh, you can do it! I think submerging yourself in the language would be the best way to learn it! Amazing!

    ReplyDelete