Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Busy Little Bee

It feels like it has been so long since I blogged! It has been a busy few weeks for me and it has been crazy but mostly a lot of fun! One of the craziest things that happened at the beginning of the month was my cousin came into town unexpectedly. We were extremely close growing up, but lately we have been really distant. I was expecting our lunch to be really awkward so I decided to call her beforehand and have a frank discussion. It was a difficult talk but it was good to get things out in the open and off of our chests. We went to lunch with our moms, which was really nice. After lunch we walked around the dollar store and bought a bunch of cheap fun headbands and then we spent some time at the park together. It was a nice start to get our friendship back on track, but I am still not sure where we will go from here. On a happier note my other friendships have been going really great! I recently babysat for my friend's little girl and it was really fun! I brought my glove and bat and some wiffle balls and we did some batting practice. I played softball for a lot of years and it makes me so happy when I can get out there and play a little bit. My friend really loved that I did that with her little girl and asked me to come over and play again with them later in the week. It ended up being me, C, S, lil J and a bunch of neighborhood kids and we played a little scrimmage game. It was so much fun and I think we are going to try to make this a regular thing. It reminded me of The Sandlot! We also took her out yesterday for a belated mother's day dinner and then I went with her for her tattoo appointment. She is getting some cover up work done on some older tattoos. She is really nervous about it because she really cannot do anymore cover up work after this. I really hope it turns out how she wants it! After her appointment we went to the park with lil J and played on the playground. Some of that stuff is a great workout!
Dave's best friend is going to be in town for the next few weeks. He has been stationed overseas for the past nine months and it will be great to have him back. He and his girlfriend were our best couple friend and before he left, the four of us hung out all the time. The day he got into town we all went to a D-backs game together. We had great seats, ate at the TGIFridays in the stadium, and they even had a fireworks show after the game.

We went out to Salty's bar on Saturday as a welcome home party for Andy and we have a lot planned for the time while he is going to be in town. I am excited for our Las Vegas trip at the end of the month! We all went together a few years ago and it was amazing. I hope we can make the most out of the time we will all have together!

3 comments:

  1. That park is so pretty! I can't wait to get more sun up north!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Reuniting with old friends and family members is not always the easiest but def essential! Your pictures are so cute, and I am 100% jealous you're going to Vegas!

    ReplyDelete